Saturday, July 30, 2011

DOTD: The Scarf Makes Me Boo-Zhee

The other day while at work, I wore this outfit and I felt comfortable and fashionable. I wore the jacket in the AM when it was breezy and nice outside. I later removed the jacket because… let’s be honest… the temperature went from 79 to 110 in no time. I still wanted you to see the outfit with and without the jacket. What I found the most comical about this outfit is the fact that an applicant came into our office and he got to talking about how he could tell my hobby was fashion and that he had taken one look at me in my scarf and thought “she bourgeois (boo-zhee)”. I thought that was kinda harsh. A scarf makes me boo-zhee? Really. Because I put a little more effort into what I wear therefore I’m posh and snobbish? Not for a second… if you meet me on the street… and I’m not smiling its because of one reason. I’m thinking. I am a nerd and a klutz. I can’t do two things at once. I can’t walk in stilettos and text. I have to focus on one thing at a time. So usually it’s the walking without falling. I also think a lot. My mind is like a mile a minute and I tend to frown when I think. Does it make me a snob… not even. And when I realize I’m doing it… I try to catch myself. I try to smile to strangers so they don’t think that I think I’m better than they are. Doesn’t always work… but I try.

So anyway… this outfit in District Heights is apparently… well… to much… still don’t care… I love my clothes… also… you guessed it… another dress as a skirt. If you’re wondering why I’m wearing the scarf… it’s because I didn’t want to be matchy matchy… Do people ever make rash judgments about you that are ridiculously untrue? How do you deal with people and their judging? Do you let peoples misconceptions affect your fashion?

Outfit Breakdown:
Dress/Skirt: Dots
Tanks: Wal-mart
Denim Jacket: Torrid
Scarf: Target
Shoes: Alloy 
Earrings: Beauty Supply
Bracelets: Ashley Stewart

IMG_0038IMG_0102IMG_0086IMG_0035IMG_0083IMG_0096

3 comments:

Veronique said...

i luv!!!
WOW it was 110! Oh man i just cannot believe how this weather has changed!
That looks comfy to! No RESTRICTIONS...(yep losing the jack was a HAWT idea!)

~IG2S

Dominique Dinsmore said...

Girl, I feel you. People always make that same assumption about me which is so untrue. I always hear that I look mean and that I'm unapproachable. Are you serious!?! Just because I don't smile all the time doesn't mean that I'm unapproachable or have an attitude. I'm just thinking and have a lot on my mind. I hate when people judge me without even knowing me. I get the whole "boo-zhee" thing all the time. I don't get it. People are so judgemental. Erks my nerves!

You look nice. I like this whole skirt as a dress thing you've been doing lately. And I've got to have those shoes.

xoxo
Nique

http://chubbydivaonadime.blogspot.com

MYRTLE said...

i'm old-fashioned and i don't buy into the modern theory that you have to be "comfortable" everywhere ie like the airport.  i sometimes have to travel for my job and i'm AMAZED at some of the outfits that i see in the airport...flannel pyjama bottoms, tanks, and flipflops or houseshoes are common. i can understand teenagers, but GROWN WOMEN??? no way.  anyway, i don't claim to have an amazing wardrobe or loads of money, but i will go to TJ maxx or ross or marshalls and pull together a "traveling outfit" when i  need to.  i have to be comfortable, but i need to look good too!  i know people who say that i'm a snob for looking down at airport slobs (it's a pet peeve of mine) but i don't think it's snobbish.  i just have standards.

Related Posts with Thumbnails