Thursday, April 15, 2010

Diva Spotlight: Diva Sarah MOTD

OMG!!! How excited that someone likes my idea... okay... enough about me.
So my VERY FIRST Diva Spotlight... goes to Sarah from Pale and Pallor Princess. I've mentioned before how much I love her face, so it is fitting that I am spotlighting her makeup. I love how specific she is about her makeup... that is what is needed as maybe someone may want to try the look. With clothing you don't necessary need to be. I hope you enjoy this and will send some pics of you as well...

**Shining the Spotlight**


How to get her look:
To enhance my pallor skin I use Rimmel Lasting finish foundation, my shade is Ivory. My rule of thumb when choosing a shade is to look for the palest shade they have, 9 times out of 10, that's my colour.
To set the foundation and keep the shine at bay I use Cover Girl Trublend pressed powder in fair.
If I don't wear blush I look dead and scare small children, so I give myself a rosy glow with Cover Girl Cheekers blush in Plumberry glow. It has a pretty shimmer to it that I love. For years the only blush I wore was MAC Springsheen, but one time I ran out and was low on cash, so tried the Cover Girl one and was thrilled to discover that it's almost as good.
To give myself a 'are you knocked up or something? you look all pretty and glowy' sheen I use Body Shop radiant highlighter, and place it at the top of my cheekbones.
For my lips I use Joe Fresh lip stain in watermelon (Joe Fresh is a Canadian brand sold at grocery stores, for an alternative Cover Girl has some very similar). I use the stain under lipstick quite often, it really stays put. Over top I use Lancome Le Laque Fever in Raze Red. It's a really vibrant colour that I love, my only complaint is that I often manage to get it all over my teeth.
For my eyes I use L'Oreal H.I.P. eyeshadow in Riotous. They sell a whole bunch of these eyeshadows in a rainbow of colours. This one is a Peridot Green which I use on my eyelid and a kind of Jungle Green which I use in the crease. I use a Quo eyeliner underneath my eye in a colour called Lynda and use Quo black liquid liner on top and flick out the ends for a slight cats-eye look. My Mascara is L'Oreal Telescopic Explosion (always in Blackest Black)
lol, sounds like a lot of work, but I'm usually done my makeup in about 10 minutes.


~besitos~

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Yay! Thanks so much for featuring me :)

Anonymous said...

I had a similar idea with random pictures from chicks on the street or yourself all glammed out. Check out my Street Style Sirens page for details.

uniqueidfashionistas.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

terrific look. very 80's! Her skin can carry this look off very well!!!

LipGlossGossip said...

Love the lip color! :-)

Unknown said...

Love your blog!!! Would you be interested in joining my fatties with heads project? haha check out my blog to see what I mean!

- Sarah
http://www.tabayag.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails