Thursday, April 08, 2010

DOTD: Working my maxi to the MAX!!!

So today... I realize that with all the drama unfolding at work... I was not going to be as strong in jeans... So I decided cuteness would give me the cajones to make it through the day and not lose my mind. I can't enlighten you on all the details until this drama is over. But oh what a post it will be.
Before the pictures... a little information on my outfit. Last year when maxi dresses were all the craze... I knew I wanted one. But online I kept finding them for $50 and sometimes for much much more than that. I had decided that was NOT in my price range. Then around June or July... my friend/coworker decides she wants to go to the mall to look for a dress. Anyway... she drags me into this place... you may have heard of it. Its called Marshall's. Anyway... it was my first time going into Marshall's (I had been with my mother once... but I didn't know what it was and we were there to return something so I thought it was just like Burlington... only messier). So... after this experience and finding like 5 dresses... I couldn't live without. I couldn't stay out of Marshall's, Ross, and TJMaxx last summer. This dress was probably my favorite find (second goes to this ethnic mustard halter that will come later). Anyway... My coworker and I decided this dress deserved to be photographed outside... I agreed!

What do you think?

Outfit Breakdown:
Dress: Marshall's
Sweater Shrug: Torrid
Shoes: Kate Preston (Off Broadway Shoes)
Ring: Torrid
Necklace: Vibrant Artwear
Earrings: Beauty Supply Store
Sunglasses: Coach




~besitos~
Don't forget to check me out on Skorch's blog (click here)

14 comments:

Velma Williams said...

looking really nice, love the dress. :)

Sarah said...

I LOVE Marshalls and TJ Maxx. They sometimes take some patience, but you can find some great stuff. (I've been to them while visiting my Aunt in South Carolina, in Canada we have Winners, which is owned by them) The dress is so pretty, looks great on you.

Unknown said...

You are so rocking the maxi!!!! LOVE IT!!! I too am in a maxi mood lately, but am trying to mix it up a a little! Maybe some short vintagy skirt? OH, probably my kick-butt new shoes!! Thanks again for your support!

Anonymous said...

I love maxi dresses this one I am not too crazy about on you. It looks frumpy. Ya shoulda added the belt!!! (Do I overbelt?) LOL!!!

uniqueidfashionistas.blogspot.com

Maria said...

your dress is just so pretty! I agree, it needed to be photographed outside to show the true color and contrast. I think because it is a maxi dress it's allowed to be flowy. It just remind me of spring and summer. Oh, and I'm so curious to hear about work drama.

BTW, I checked out your other blog and I read that you HATE jeans tucked into boots :( why? I love them like that and I wasn't able to do it until I got on the skinny jean band wagon.

Erin {Plus Sized Pretty} said...

Beautiful dress! I love the colours and the florals. Perfect for the outdoors. ;)
And that necklace is the perfect accessory, at first I thought it was part of the dress!

I find maxi dresses to be the most comfortable things to wear. I picked one up at the gap for $14 two years ago and I love it because it lets me be comfy while still looking good!

vc said...

Que bella! love the pics, i can tell you were enjoying your photo shoot! LOL

Nina said...

I agree the dress deserved to be photographed outside! The dress looks great on you and a great find, plus im loving those wedges! Oh and i hope everything at work works out! :)

None said...

Oh, I love that dress! The colors and print are so pretty. I have never been to Marshalls (or Ross or TJ Maxx), and I didn't really know what they were before I started reading blogs. Now I hope I can visit them someday.

Also love your shoes and shrug.

LipGlossGossip said...

Girl I am loving that dress and color on you! That purple looks great on you!

I LOVE TJ Maxx and Marshall's too!

Weesha said...

you look so beautiful- love this dress!

Lodimat said...

oh foxy lady! i imagine you sitting in a nice restaurant with ocean view at sunset! :)

Lodi said...

oh foxy lady! i imagine you sitting in a nice restaurant with ocean view at sunset! :)

Leslie said...

OMG I LOVE THAT DRESS!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails