Monday, April 12, 2010

DOTD: Green Eyed Monster

So I think that today's title is perfect, because I am currently being HATED on. So... that green eyed monster fits... because the jealousy in this office is running rampant. I have never done anything to anyone to deserve being treated like this. I still can't go into complete details... but it hurts... when someone you trusted as a mentor stabs you in the back like this... it fucking hurts (excuse my urban... cause it's not French).

It also fits because this morning... when I couldn't bear to look at the ugly drab gray and black outfit in the mirror... I knew I needed a kick of color. I wanted to be kick ass today and I needed my color to be equally strong. Pink, purple, nor teal seemed to fit. So I grabbed my green tank and immediately envisioned the matching eye shadow. The accessories were an afterthought but I think it all works. I am really proud of this outfit for two reasons. I took a risk matching 3 colors (which I rarely do) and I am still showing up looking professional, regardless if I am not being treated professionally. What do my divas think?

Btw... I really appreciate all the support I get here... If not for this blog... and my writing in general... I don't know where I would be...

Outfit Breakdown
Skirt: Torrid
Tank: Wal-mart
Sweater: Faith21
Stilettos: Michael Shannon (Off Broadway Shoes)
Earrings: Target
Necklace: Vibrant Artwear
Ring: Torrid
Bracelet: Dots

Eye shadows: MAC & NYC




Check me out on the Skorch Blog (Click Here)

~besitos~

11 comments:

Unknown said...

I think this outfit is super cute! Definitely a way to make office attire fun...

as for the drama in the office...hold your ground and continue to rise above!

Erin {Plus Sized Pretty} said...

This outfit is just flawless! It all works together so nicely!
Sorry about all the work drama. Hopefully that will come to an end soon!

Ashley said...

don't you just *LOVE* office drama. Good lord knows there isn't a week that goes by that there isn't any in my office. I'm sorry you're going through it, I know it sucks, but hopefully it will all be over soon! You can do it! haha!

I love the outfit! That was my favourite colour green in Jr. High! and those shoes are killer!

╰⊰⊹✿Dawn╰⊰⊹✿ said...

Ok hating those bitches in your office... GRR But just know that they are pissed that they dont look as HAWT Mami as you do ! btw I am sooo stealing those earrings!!!! Love it ! keep your head up Momma you are way better than them ;)

Anonymous said...

dont let the haters get you down hunnie xxxx i love your outfit ;-)..

cheeky rose said...

WOW, WOW and WOW, way to go girl, there is nothing so good as licking your opponents with a bit of style. Causes more contention, but then YOU ARE IN CONTROL.

Anonymous said...

I would totally wear that!!! Shake them haters off!!! When you are a big author or an editor they are gonna hate even more. Let GOD take care of them. In the words of Madea "I wantem to get got right now" "Jesus just saved your life" It will pass, it is a test. I have a big test right now and so far I am not letting the DEVIL win. SOrry to get all church on you cuz I really haven't been since I was 18 or so. Just had to get it out there!!!

Maria said...

I hope you don't let those people bring you down. There will always be people who are jealous for one reason or another. Stay strong and hopefully this will pass soon.

BTW, that must be the cardi you recommended for me. I ended up buying a very similar one from Target. I just hate to wait for things in the mail. You look great in this outfit. It's one of my favorites on you.

Sarah said...

You look fab darling!
Love the pencil skirt and the little sweater, I wear that type of look quite often myself. Hope things get better for you soon :)

http://thepaleandpallorprincess.blogspot.com/

Odeliaa said...

You look great :-)

Totally Inspired said...

cute cute cuuute.. that cardi is super adorable!

I gave you a blog award! Check it out onmy blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails