Friday, April 02, 2010

OOTD: Spring has sprung!!!

So today I am working from home. Going forward for the month of April... Fridays will be the only days I will be able to work from home. Today... with all the things I received from Torrid and Faith21 yesterday, I was so excited about what I would try today. But before I show the outfit... I have something I want to say...

Yesterday I had a conversation with a coworker about a conversation I had with one of my closest friends a few weeks ago. She stated that sometimes it was "too much" to deal with my "look at me" personality. And I was explaining to my coworker that this statement caused me to step back from this friend a bit. I don't tell her about my blog or about my fashions. I don't do this because I don't want to annoy her and I get the feeling my love of fashion annoys the crap out of her. But what she fails to realize as a thinner woman (and even when she was larger she had the "right" curves) is that when you're plus sized you are either Schloppy & Schlepy or Phabulously Phat. So when she turns heads in a tank top and sweatpants... that same look would get frowns from most if it were on my frame.

I have to work extra hard to get fashion respect because I am larger than a size 12. She doesn't have to work nearly as hard. She doesn't try at all (most of the time) and she still gets compliments. I have to practically copy the cover of a magazine to get half a compliment. To some you may think I try too hard, but in reality... if I didn't try... I wouldn't be myself... and I would leave myself open to criticism of my size. And I will fight before I admit I am not "Size Sexy".

Now back to the outfit... since starting this blog, I realize I hold myself to a higher standard when I dress in the morning. If I want to be comfortable... I still try to do comfort with flair. Well... I hope that little diatribe has helped someone, now on to the OOTD (it is not DOTD... because I so didn't feel like doing my makeup today... so... I didn't)...

Outfit Breakdown:
Dress: Torrid
Capri Leggings: Wal-Mart
Shoes: Kate Preston (Off Broadway)
Jacket: Torrid
Earrings: Beauty Supply
Ring: Torrid



~besitios~
Post a Comment
Related Posts with Thumbnails