Monday, May 03, 2010

Diva Spotlight: MOTD for Diva Dawn

Okay, if you've been to this blog... EVER... you know my bestie for life is "Diva Dawn". She was one of the first people to show me what loving who you are is all about. She has always been a supporter of the FAT movement. I love her great spirit and beautiful personality. Below you will see her makeup technique. I can honestly say, I am probably one of the few people on earth who have seen her without mascara on... it only happened once... may never happen again. I think she's beautiful so her sharing her technique is making my day... Please stop by her page and continue to support this lovely lady.
Her blog is Miss Piggy's Prose


How to get my look :

Prepare My Face
I usually start off by washing my face with Johnsons baby bath and cleaning up my eyes and lashes with Mabelline oil base eye makeup remover. I use the oil base because I ALWAYS wear waterproof mascera.

My Base
I have very rosey cheeks and pale skin. So getting my foundation/ base correct is a bit tricky at times. I usually use the 2nd lightest color that the company offers. That is usually the right color for me. So for now I am using Laverna Naturkosmetik Trend Sensitive Makeup Fluid in #1 Light all over my face. Then I add Laverna Naturkpsmetik Concealor in #1 light under my eyes only. I blend in with my finger and finish with Cover Girl Clean Pressed Powder in Natural Beige all over my face.

Eyes
Today I was feeling like purple but Barney is not my friend lol so I go a little darker. I used Rimmel Color Rush Eye Trio in #760 Elements. I use the middle Purple shade only today. But This is a great Trio for a classic smokey eye. I put the light purple shade on the bottom of my eye lid.

Next I added Estee Lauder # 14 Plumb Pop to the crease of my eye and blended in with a makeup brush. I am not sure the size of it as it came in a gift pack.

I finish with adding Cover Girl Eye Enhancers # 700 French Vanilla to my brow bone to highlight. I added Liner to my lash line in Jordanna Easy Liner in Eggplant and to my water line I use The same brand liner in Black and then finish with Mabelline The Colossal Volume Express In Glamor Black. ** I usually get really cheap liners and such because I find them to work ok for me. The liners that I use can be purchased at Walgreens for $1.99 and they last on my eyes forever and I have watery eyes. I do love the Colossal Mascera it lasts forever as well and is VERY black in the Glamor Black. So if you want a softer look I would go a shade lower.

Cheeks
As I said before I have very rosey cheeks. So I constantly look like I am blushing. I usually only use a LIGHT dusting of blush to even out my skin tone. I have been using Cover Girl Cheekers Blush in Rockin Rose #145 for years.( I also use it as an eye shadow from time to time when I am wearing Reds it works great!) I only apply it to my cheek bone very lightly. to give a glow look.

Lips
I hardly wear lipstick But when I do I love this shade. Its Laverna #16 and Hard Candy Mouthing off Lip Shine in #205 Piglet.

I know that it sounds like alot but I promise you I am made up from start to finish in 15 minutes! =o)

~besitos~
QueenDiva

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the way you share the love!
This girl is rockin' the eyes!!!
Absolutely beautiful. I love Jordanna liner, too. It has staying power! Maybe someday, I'll get bold and show off my wrinkles and how I get them to look less wrinkly! I am gonna check her blog out right now!!! Love Ya!

╰⊰⊹✿Dawn╰⊰⊹✿ said...

Awwe Thanks Diva!! Your the Bestest!!! =o) And just for the record ... that No Mascera thing was a truly once in a life time event...kinda like Haley's Comet lmao I knew you would be my BFF forever when that scarry incident didnt scare you off. :)

Lodimat said...

i wish my make-up (routine) would take my only 15 minutes! :D

she's such a beauty!

Related Posts with Thumbnails