Monday, May 17, 2010

OOTD: My first shoot... ing

Remember that loving photo shoot from Saturday, it was a wonderful highlight of my day. Then... I left there to go the pre-fashion show thing... also awesome. THEN... I went to work with my brother as a security guard in Baltimore City. I don't usually have a problem with it, and I didn't have a problem on Saturday until about 10 minutes before closing I hear this popping sound. I think its a firecracker, cause you know... I'm a suburban girl and have no idea that it could be anything else. However, I did notice that when the noise happened, everyone around me hit the ground, flat like pancakes. I hear it again and then I see a man with a gun come out of the alley. I realize then... NOT FIREWORKS!!!
Now imagine that I am still standing (the only one standing)... like a tall oak tree unable to move. The shots continue to pop like the 4th of July. Then the girl I was speaking to before all this happened, pushed me into the door of the club, and she, I, and a few other people fell into the door like a bunch of domino. I could hear shots continue to ring out and then they stopped... I could hear my brother screaming my name. He then yanked me off the floor and checked me for wounds or bleeding. I had gotten a little trampled but thank God I was untouched. The night that was supposed to end at 2am stretched on until 7am as I was held hostage at the police station to give my statement... over and over again. I would have left sooner, but a fellow security guard was there as well and unfortunately his wife had been hit during the flying bullets and they would not allow him to go to the hospital until his statement was given. So I allowed him to give his statement before me. My poor brother remained outside in my truck waiting for me. When I did get home after 7am, I went to sleep... woke up around 1pm. Took my son to the mall for shoes at 4pm and returned to sleep when I got home. You know you're stressed out when shoe shopping doesn't cure what ails you.

So today... I had to go back and I.D. the guy I saw...  and now its over... I hope. The detectives I had to deal with were all really nice. I had gotten my nails done today and they couldn't stop telling me how cute they thought they were... gotta love the sweet guys I had to deal with. I have never been in a situation like this and it made it easier... I do appreciate how everyone who was on Twitter supported me... I was a crying mess yesterday. Today is better, but its still hard when I think about how close I came to leaving my children without a mother... if you haven't guessed... I won't be doing security EVER again.

Outfit Breakdown:
Top: Stolen from brother's closet
Leggings: Newport News
Sweater: Torrid
Belt: Torrid
Red Flats: Payless
Nail Polish: China Glaze Tree Hugger


Post a Comment
Related Posts with Thumbnails