Friday, May 06, 2011

FBFF: It’s Raining… SHOES!!

As I sit down to write this post, I am actually tingling. Why? Because today’s subject is about the one thing that brings me extreme joy & happiness and rarely let’s me down. I sometimes buy clothes and they don’t always fit. But shoes… it is rare that my shoes let me down. I can count on one hand the shoes that I own that I can’t wear.

1.What is your go-to pair of shoes?
My go to pair of shoes varies. I mean… seriously… have you seen my shoe collection? I mean not the entire thing, but you’ve seen the assortment of shoes I wear on this blog. Well, know that is not even the beginning of my shoe collection. So I have categories for my go to shoes. If I’m running out the house in jeans and a top (maybe a blazer)… I usually wear my leopard ballerina flats. If I’m wearing something nicer but what something quick… I grab my zip around booties. If it’s raining and I need boots its my strap calf boots.

leopard_flats
2. What goes into your shoe buying decisions?
Color. I first begin with the color I need to add to my collection (like currently I am in need of an orange/coral wedge). And then I look for heel type/height. So it’s a process. I don’t just go and buy shoes without a plan. Because I will end up buying any and everything. I have a shoe addiction, so I have to be sure that its something I would wear, but also something that will accent my outfits.
03323141_zi_melon
3. The majority of the shoes in your closet are what color?
Okay… of course I have mostly black shoes (which is a given for most people). But I do own every color (except for orange… no clue how I ended up with that being the only color I don’t own).
high_heels_that_change_color
4. When it comes to design shoes what are your favorite brands and
why?
When I want a quality shoe that I can have for years to come I buy from Steve Madden. I believe in their brand and in their shoes. But for my sandals… I’ve learned that I’m hardest on my shoes in the spring and summer. So I don’t like to spend as much on my sandals. So I buy most of my kick around shoes from ebay & payless. I also love Off Broadway Shoes because they do the best knockoffs I’ve ever seen. They duplicate the best of the best; Prada, Christian Louboutin, and Jimmy Choo (but in a everyday worker price range).

5. If price wasn’t an issue, you’d own which shoe?
If price wasn’t an issue… I would finally finally finally buy a pair of Brian Atwood, Christian Louboutins, or Yves Saint Laurent Shoes. But I can barely afford a pair of shoes under $100. I know that $1200 shoes are NO WHERE near my price range… but… someday.
Christian-Louboutin-Jade-Crocodile-Lady-Peep

I don’t always have time to do the FBFF subjects but I couldn’t miss out on this post when I am almost known for my shoes… I think people come to my blog mostly because they want to see what I will have on my feetsies. I love shoes. I am glad that I am known for my love of shoes & stilettos. I hope you are also doing the FBFF. If not, wouldn’t today be a great time to join?

The Friend Friday project by Modly Chic is a way for fashion bloggers to share more about themselves and create a friendly connection with other bloggers. Join the conversation by joining the Fashion Beauty Friend Friday Google Group.

2 comments:

Kimberlee VDW said...

Love the shoes you picked out! I definitely need to bring my color to my shoe wardrobe :)

QueenDiva said...

Yes!!! My colors are crazy... and you can put it on with anything and step it up a notch.

Related Posts with Thumbnails