Friday, May 27, 2011

FBFF: Taking Care… Of My Hair

IMG_0153

1.      How often do you get your hair cut? I haven’t cut my hair in years. I wore a wig for so long that it allowed my hair time to grow and get healthy. I do get it trimmed about once every 3 months. No clue if that is frequent or not.

2.      Do you go to the same stylist each time, try someone new, go to the
cheap hair cutting chains or live it up in a salon? I go to a Dominican salon and let them blow out my hair so they can cut and care for my hair also once every 3 months. I am living the natural life now and I don’t really want to spend to much money in the salon. I feel I can take better care of my hair myself. Not sure if that is true or not, but I’m on a strict budget right now.

3.      Do you color your hair? How often? What’s your natural color? My natural hair color is brown. The most boring brown color in the universe.. lol. But I die my hair (semi-permanent) once a month to blackest black. I just think my hair holds shine and oil better when it’s jet black.

4.      The one thing you always do to keep your hair looking great is: I’ve been using organic products as much as I can. I also like to use products with no crazy chemicals (like the Wen shampoo). I also make sure to keep my scalp saturated in oil so it doesn’t get dry and itchy. Anything that brings out the natural curl is a bonus in my book. I think leave in conditioners are the work of genius and with out them I would die.

5.      What hair trend do you love and wish you could rock? I would love to rock the brilliant red of Rihanna. But I know that while I am looking for work that is NOT an option. Not even sure it would work on my skin tone… but I do love the color.

I really love my hair since allowing it to go natural. People say they can see a new me since removing the wig. I feel like my hair being natural allows me to be natural. As in it allows me to be myself without fear of what society says is right. I hope to soon post a video of my hair care regime in order to show people what I do to take care of my hair. silhouette

The Friend Friday project by Modly Chic is a way for fashion bloggers to share more about themselves and create a friendly connection with other bloggers. Join the conversation by joining the Fashion Beauty Friend Friday Google Group.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails