Wednesday, May 11, 2011

WorkWear Wednesday: Getting Motivated

I am still unemployed. And financially, I am a wreck. I am in the throws of being in the position I could lose everything. That in itself means I have to regroup and decide where I want to go from here. I have humbled myself and decided that I can’t bank my future on finding the perfect position. No such animal exists anymore. I have to do whatever I can in order to move my family forward. So I am looking for work at Wal-mart, grocery stores, and doing anything that will bring a check into my household at this point. I say all this to introduce this new feature to my blog. Going forward… I want to do a post on Wednesday where I wear something that could be worn to an office if I were working in one. I want to dress professionally but still with my QueenDiva flair.  So today I wanted to try a look that would include purple (my signature color) but wasn’t too overbearing. I think this turned out rather well. What do you think? Would you be able to wear this to your office? If not, what would you change?

IMG_0086IMG_0131IMG_0100IMG_0120IMG_0134IMG_0150IMG_0151IMG_0160

WWW Breakdown:
Dress: eshakti 
Vest: SWAK designs 
Shoes: Breckelle’s (ebay)
Flower: Target
Anklette: gift from Mom (years ago)

16 comments:

Amanda Hudgins said...

Awww this is cute!

Amanda Hudgins said...

And are those gray patent heels?

Mia Newman said...

You look so pretty, i love everything about this outfit. Don't ever give up on your dreams...remember that there is an appointed time for everything :)

April said...

Love the outfit. I work in property management and the only thing I would add would be a tank or cami under the dress to limit cleavage exposure.

ModePlus said...

Oh girl, how can you walk on those heels. Chapeau! Hmm, I'm pretty forward when it comes to work fashion. But when I was a schoolmanager I couldn't do much. It was sooo boring. Last I want to encourage you (even though things look "challenging"), have faith in God. He won't leave you now.

Just Daisy said...

I love the way you dressed up such a casual dress with a vest! So chic! Love the site btw! :)

xoxo,
daisy

http://imjustdaisy.blogspot.com

Lady Cardigan said...

I don't work in an office, but this outfit looks plenty professional to me. That's a great dress, pretty but not too casual.

Rethabile Setai said...

I’d definitely be able to wear it to my office, I wouldn’t change a thing! I love the color purple on you. Kudos to you for deciding to keep keeping on and being such a fighter for your family, the right opportunity will present itself one day. Just do what you can now to get where you want to be tpmorrow..

Deb Kosteniuk said...

This is a great work look. Keep your chin up....you are a strong lady, and will make it through this tough time. I am a firm believer that God gives us what he believes we can handle even if at times we think it's going to break us.

Leslie said...

Love that vest!

QueenDiva said...

Thanks... I love it too... wish I could button all the buttons though. 

QueenDiva said...

Thanks so much.. your words are a great comfort when I stressed to the hilt :) 

QueenDiva said...

Thanks so much for your kinds words. They really mean alot. 

Crystal said...

Oh you look amazing love how you put this outfit together 

the Iza said...

 one of my favorite 'fits of yours! love it hun :) <3

QueenDiva said...

I love when you comment!! It makes my week!! 

Related Posts with Thumbnails