Wednesday, May 25, 2011

WorkWear Wednesday: Fundraising

I am currently geared up to really finding a job or at least finding money to get to NYC. I have won tickets to additional events during Full Figure Fashion Week (fffweek) and being unemployed and separated from the hubby… I have no idea how I will get there… or how I will afford a hotel room. So I am really selling any and everything I can. And I will also be doing errands and odd jobs locally in order to make this happen.

A friend of mine said I should do fundraising here on my blog. Asking people to donate to the cause. But you know what… even though there is a donate button in the side panel… I would really feel better if I worked for the money I earned. I don’t know how I will do it (outside of stripping and prostitution) but I have faith that it will happen.

I have to admit to you that I get the most excited about this feature each week, mainly because it feels great to dress for the job that is hopefully coming soon. So on to the outfit… I know I know… it’s really too much cleavage for work, but I think I own 3 dresses that don’t show cleavage (I mean seriously… my boobs are huge). And besides… I LOVE this dress (I live in it every summer) and considering I got it on clearance from Target… it is soooooo worth the cleavage worry. Also, I just had to do this color combo that came to me the other day. Coral (or corally pink) & gray… How hot is that?!! Besides the cleavage worry… would you wear this outfit? How do you feel about the WorkWear feature? Any outfits you would like to see me try?

Outfit Breakdown:
Dress & Flower: Target (dress was on clearance like 2 years ago)
Blazer: Forever21+
Shoes: Shoedazzle
Earrings: Beauty Supply
Ring: Torrid

IMG_0042IMG_0032IMG_0015IMG_0049IMG_0034IMG_0045

8 comments:

kward905 said...

Lol, I totally have the same f21+ blazer! I love that dress! Me and two other fatshion bloggers (Chic in Every City and Queen Sized Flava from Montreal) are sharing a room at fffweek, we'd love a fourth so we can bring the costs down if you're interested. We're thinking of booking tomorrow, so let me know! www.curvycanadian.blogspot.com

QueenDiva said...

Yes!!! Count me in!!!! How do I get you money or pay cash in NYC? You just made my day!!!!

kward905 said...

Awesome! Email me at kward905@hotmail.com and we'll work out the details. I think we're planning on skyping about it tomorrow to figure everything out.

Dominique Dinsmore said...

Cute outfit! And the cleavage is not that bad. I wouldn't of noticed if you wouldn't have mentioned it. I like how you added the grey to contrast the coral (pink). Job hunting is tough. I'm in that same boat. Good luck on making it to NYC. I wish I could go. But, unfortunately I'm broke and I may not be able to get a babysitter.

Xoxo
Nique

http:chubbydivanique.blogspot.com

Jessica Fleischer said...

Great dress! Love that color!!

xo Jessica

QueenDiva said...

Thanks. I stopped by your blog and I love it. I also do something similiar to your Chubby Diva... its called Diva Spotlight. I will be doing one tomorrow. I will also send my information for your Chubby Diva if you do my Diva Spotlight... we have to support one another... right?

Menopauseprincess said...

The color with your skin tone is smashing! Girl make a treasure map for that trip, and as you're Christian, make sure you have a picture of yourself and Jesus or whatever represeents God to you. Place bright colors, positive words and pics about the trip to NYC, yourself, God, and the words "this or something better" on it and place the whole thing on a bright happy colored background. When is the event? Spend as much time as you can with the treasure map enjoying it and thinking about what you'll do once you're there in NYC. Also, do something to "prepare" for the trip, get flight times, see if you can find travel brochures; is there something you'll need for the trip? What's the weather going to be like? Start packing a suitcase, show the Universe you're ready to go!

Don't worry about how you're getting there, where you'll stay...they say God makes a way where there is no way!

This could be just the thing for you, I can't wait to see how you manifest this trip!

Kim Weezy said...

Gotta agree with everyone.  Those two contrasting colors look great together.  I'm inspired.  Love that coral dress!

Related Posts with Thumbnails