Sunday, June 05, 2011

DOTD: Bring on the “Re-vamping”

I am so tired today. I almost didn’t make it to church today because I just feel like poo… and my heart is beating like a million miles a minute. But I told myself I had to get to church. So I pulled myself up by my bootstraps and made it into church. I’m glad I did because I would have missed a powerful word that was intended just for me (not only me of course but it did speak to my situation).

Here is something I have to mention. My 8 year anniversary is in 2 days. I had actually forgotten about it until today. I should have known it was coming because I had this crazy desire to put back on my wedding ring yesterday. It was as if my finger craved it back in its rightful place. So I wore it yesterday and today. Even though he has been a complete shyte to me… I really don’t want my mrarriage to end. But at what point do you say “Enough!”? So I will see what happens on Tuesday. I don’t even know if he even wants this marriage to succeed. Some days he is amazing… other days… not so much. Anyway… I’m sure you’re all tired of hearing about my marriage. Moving on…

So today, I decided to revamp a dress I had already worn but in a different way. I like how the outfit turned out, except for one thing. My hair… it seems that since it has started to grow at an unexpected quick rate… it doesn’t seem to look as cute as it did when it was shorter. But it’s at that in between length that is INFURIATING!!! What I need right now… is help!! My natural hair sisters… HELP!!!! What should I do to make this hair look curly and not afro-esque? It was curly in the beginning now it seems to not curl so much as bush. Any hair advice will be tried and taken to see if it works on my hair. Please list any products you have had success with. Understand that my hair is NOT course. It is soft and curly and thin. So when you see my bush… I can actually run my fingers though it with ease. So products for thick course hair may not be the best for me. But I am interested in products that will make my curls more wavy and hold the curl. I appreciate any hair advice you can offer in advance.

IMG_0020IMG_0009IMG_0016IMG_0030IMG_0041IMG_0046IMG_0022

What I’m Wearing Today:
Dress: Norma Kamali (Wal-mart)
Cardigan: Curve Appeal Consignment (Motto)
Shoes: Steve Madden 
Earrings/Ring: Burlington Coat Factory

15 comments:

digal704 said...

You look amazing! This look is super fab! So sorry about your marriage issues. I have been there and I can imagine how you feel. Stay strong! Have you ever tried two strand twists in your hair? A twist out or setting your hair on rods? There are a bunch of natural hair sources on the Internet! Just search! Take care!

Dreek said...

your "Re-vamping" was very successful and cute might i add!! For your hair..have you ever tried Cantu Leave-In..It worked pretty good for me whan i was at your stage. You just wash your hair and pat dry, then massage it in your scalp and on your hair. It's best if you go by sections.

Also, i've learned (atleast for my hair) the cheaper the conditioner the better!! (excluding Cantu) LOL..hope this helps!

Dreek
Follow My Kurves
(http://www.kurvykouture.blogspot.com)

TheNotoriousZAG said...

have you done twist outs? those work for me.. twist out with water and castor oil (or another light oil?) give me some much needed definition when my hair ain't got no act right. i missed you! i was having some internet issues :( i am happy to hear you're doing well. i know about wanting things to work... i've been through so much with my husband, but i never want to let him go! whatever happens, i know that he is a good man. i pray that things work out for the better with you and your hubby...
i love that dress, is it the convertible one? i was thinking about purchasing that from walmart.com, it looks lovely, i adore the print and the turquoise cardi is so cute and unexpected!

Kim said...

Since I have been wearing my hair in a natural ponytail I use twisted sister products from Walgreens. They are 4.99 and the curl spray is wonderful.

QueenDiva said...

First, I have to admit that I when I saw your tag on in my email... I smiled... I missed your comments... I especially missed you when I was having some sex issues with the hubby. I know you are honest, forward, and real... and that is why I love your blog and comments. As for twist outs. I have never done that... So just now I put some in. We will see tomorrow.
As for the dress... it's not the convertible one. It's the tank shired one... . I can email you the link.

QueenDiva said...

I use Cantu. And it makes my hair super soft but not always wavey. So just now I put in twists that I will pull out tomorrow and run some Cantu Leave-in through it. Check back tomorrow and see how it alll worked out... lol
Also, I will start using cheaper products. I am finding that these more expensive products leave residue and don't always do what they clame to do.

QueenDiva said...

I will check that out tomorrow. Curl spray... sounds optimistic. I don't want to go back to chemicals... So I will do whatever to stay natural.

Jolene said...

I love the outfit! Great dress! 

I've never had to grow out all of my hair, the shortest I've ever had it is shoulder length, but I've cut and grown out my bangs a few times and knowing how annoying that was I can understand your frustration with growing out all of your hair....I hope you find some ways to deal with it until it gets to how you want it!

I wish you luck in your marriage, almost all marriages go through ups and downs, some times can be very tough but I believe communication is the key to getting through those times, it's not easy if you're not getting along great but keep pushing. Next month is my 14th Anniversary and we have been through a lot of things in those years, so I definitely speak from experience. Make time for just the 2 of you, if your kids are young I know it's hard, but when you do make that time you will notice a world of difference in your relationship.

DoubleXL said...

Love the print on the dress but I wish I could have seen at last one shot without the sweater on...Keep it up gorgeous!!

Ladyofashion said...

You look cute, and I love your animal print! I've been wearing my hair up alot and trying  not to use the flat iron as much + omega oils galore in my diet. -xxoo
FASHION TALES

CityPoodle said...

Yay for leopard and teal!

Shasie said...

I love these type of cardigans. They are so versatile, you can work them into anything! I have a black one, and I convinced my friend to buy a blue one like yours!


Shasie  
Enter
My Niqué Cosmetics Giveaway

samantha f. said...

As always you look super cute. When you do your twist out, you might want to try ECO-Styler Gel. It is very inexpensive (4.99 for a 16oz jar) and all of the natural hair women on Youtube swear by it. I have used it a couple of times on my daughter and it held without flaking or gettting too stiff. Also, Kimmaytube on Youtube has a Leave-in conditioner recipe that I hear works magic for curl definition and cutting down on the kind of fuzzy look that hair can sometimes get when it drys. Hope that helps!

Michelle said...

As a blogger and a plus sized woman living in Anne Arundel County, I looked forward to reading your blog.  However the grey print over the photos makes it impossible.  You might want to think about printing in black over a plain background.  I just don't see how anyone reads this and I'd really like to.

QueenDiva said...

Michelle, Thanks for stopping by... but I'm confused. My print is black on internet explorer, chrome, and mobile. Where are you reading my blog? Because the grey print issue is new to me... feel free to email me with further issues at yramirez.diva@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails