Sunday, June 05, 2011

DOTD: Bring on the “Re-vamping”

I am so tired today. I almost didn’t make it to church today because I just feel like poo… and my heart is beating like a million miles a minute. But I told myself I had to get to church. So I pulled myself up by my bootstraps and made it into church. I’m glad I did because I would have missed a powerful word that was intended just for me (not only me of course but it did speak to my situation).

Here is something I have to mention. My 8 year anniversary is in 2 days. I had actually forgotten about it until today. I should have known it was coming because I had this crazy desire to put back on my wedding ring yesterday. It was as if my finger craved it back in its rightful place. So I wore it yesterday and today. Even though he has been a complete shyte to me… I really don’t want my mrarriage to end. But at what point do you say “Enough!”? So I will see what happens on Tuesday. I don’t even know if he even wants this marriage to succeed. Some days he is amazing… other days… not so much. Anyway… I’m sure you’re all tired of hearing about my marriage. Moving on…

So today, I decided to revamp a dress I had already worn but in a different way. I like how the outfit turned out, except for one thing. My hair… it seems that since it has started to grow at an unexpected quick rate… it doesn’t seem to look as cute as it did when it was shorter. But it’s at that in between length that is INFURIATING!!! What I need right now… is help!! My natural hair sisters… HELP!!!! What should I do to make this hair look curly and not afro-esque? It was curly in the beginning now it seems to not curl so much as bush. Any hair advice will be tried and taken to see if it works on my hair. Please list any products you have had success with. Understand that my hair is NOT course. It is soft and curly and thin. So when you see my bush… I can actually run my fingers though it with ease. So products for thick course hair may not be the best for me. But I am interested in products that will make my curls more wavy and hold the curl. I appreciate any hair advice you can offer in advance.

IMG_0020IMG_0009IMG_0016IMG_0030IMG_0041IMG_0046IMG_0022

What I’m Wearing Today:
Dress: Norma Kamali (Wal-mart)
Cardigan: Curve Appeal Consignment (Motto)
Shoes: Steve Madden 
Earrings/Ring: Burlington Coat Factory

Post a Comment
Related Posts with Thumbnails