Thursday, June 30, 2011

DOTD: On to the next level…

Today I did something I have never done before… I took my pictures while surrounded by people. There was a Terminix  guy who was sitting in his truck, two tow truck guys and another random guy sitting on the ground talking on his cell phone. So it was a crowd but there was someone to the left, right and front of me…

Usually when I take my pictures I am all alone (except for the occasional cop that comes to park in my camara zone, but if there is more than one person I coward out and go to search for another place. I feel ridiculous and that people will wonder why a plus sized woman is taking pictures of herself. I think if I had someone to take my pictures it would be more excepted or if I were smaller than people wouldn’t even notice. But today I thought… I can’t say I love myself and hide behind the fear of what others will think of me. I refuse to be a hypocrite of a blogger that looks always confident but lives in fear. So today… when I saw that I couldn’t take my pictures in privacy I thought… who am I? A blogger? Than how can I let a little fear affect my blog? Nope… I pressed on…

So… on to the fashion… I love love love this dress. I think I would wear it every day that I’m not wearing my stripe maxi if I didn’t think people would think I was crazy. So I went City Chic crazy with this dress today… and right before I left I got a swag bag from SonsiWoman  so I added the bracelet that was in the bag as it was perfectly matched with today’s look. I know you’ve noticed that I’ve been slacking on my stilettos… but know they will return next week. Because I miss wearing them. So have you done anything brave lately that you would love to share with the world? Leave a comment telling me of your bravery and how you felt after…

Outfit Breakdown:
Dress: City Chic
Vest: City Chic
Necklace: NY Street Vendor
Earrings: Beauty Supply
Flower: Dots
Bracelet: Catherines (Sonsi Swag Bag)
Shoes: Nickels (Famous Footwear)
Sunglasses: Flea Market

IMG_0061IMG_0026IMG_0013IMG_0051IMG_0047IMG_0067IMG_0054IMG_0063

4 comments:

Kenyetta said...

im gonna call you mrs maxi from now on lol love this dress

Alissa said...

Yes, that is a cute maxi 

goldnglitters said...

weerkkkkkk

gen321 said...

I am laughing so hard, because I have been taking pics recently in front of my house and I have noticed that some of my neighbors will stand on the porch and watch. A few months ago, I would not have taken pics witht he neighbors watching, but I have really come out of my shell in recent months, regarding pics (I used to hate how I looked in pictures). You look great girl and I love the maxi dress.

Related Posts with Thumbnails