Tuesday, June 14, 2011

DOTD: Intolerable Cruelty

Being separated sucks… (yeah that again). But today I watched the movie “Intolerable Cruelty” and it was a farce about divorce and true love. After watching it… I really could have used a cuddle. Who am I kidding… I could use a cuddle every day. And no… cuddle is not code for sex… when I’m laying day… I love being spooned. It makes me feel safe and protected. Anyway… it’s moments like those that make being separated kinda sucky… but… NY will fix all that. I finally finished packing… So… I’m in the best mood!!! Man… it was so hard picking what I was going to wear. But I think I made great choices. Wish I had time for a pedicure because I have some sandals I want to wear but my dogs are atrocious.

So I wanted to let you know I will try and blog from NY. But if I am unable, know that this will be my last outfit post until my return but I will make up for it when I get back. But if I have wifi in my hotel room… I will update as we go along (as much as possible)… 

So tomorrow I will be in full fledged get packed and ready mode. I have to do some last minute laundry, pack the remaining items, give myself a home pedicure, and buy a few items (like flowers that match my outfits). I am super excited. And I can’t believe that I’m this ready 2 days before I leave. Usually I’m scrambling last minute to get everything together. Anyway… today was the most comfy outfit to date… but I felt so chic and trendy. I know… I say that a lot… but this outfit was completely accidental. As was my makeup. Yay!!! for accidents!! What do you think of today’s outfit? Would you wear it? Will you miss me if I can’t blog in NY?

Outfit Breakdown:
White tank: Hanes (men’s wifebeater)
Right Fit Jeans: Lane Bryant 
Gray Blazer: Forever21+
Shoes: BCBG (no clue when or where I bought them)
Earrings: Beauty Supply
Ring: Flea Market
Flower: Dots

IMG_0008IMG_0028IMG_0029IMG_0048IMG_0049IMG_0050IMG_0051IMG_0080IMG_0091IMG_0096

9 comments:

Beatrice said...

Have fun in NY. I can't wait to see lots of pictures. I really like that jacket.

Rethabile Setai said...

I love it, simple and sexy, you have a cool dress sense. Have a safe trip and have LOADS of fun!!

LaToya said...

That jacket and that make-up <3 LUV <3 cant wait to see your fabulous looks for NYC!!

yaqueen14 said...

This is very cute - any shoes would look great with this.  Suggestion:  Only watch happy movies for a while, LOL!

Odelia m said...

Defiantly yes 

purplekeychain said...

This is my first time posting to your blog, although I've been reading it for a while. And I must say, this is by far my favorite outfit that I've ever seen you in -- just because it's so casual and easy and, like you say, chic. I love the pop of yellow in the earrings and shoes. A great long chain necklace would have looked GREAT too (maybe minus the flower, so it wouldn't be overkill). Anyway, I LOVE IT, it's gorgeous!

Menopauseprincess said...

Hey Sweetie,

SOO happy for you, you will LOVE New York and it will love you!  I am very happy you manifested this opportunity.
You look casual chic in this outfit, do love it on you however the last one, the blue maxi dress? Why, you looked like something right out of a fashion magazine. YES!

Will definitely miss you if you can't blog, but you need to soak up every scrumptious minute of this experience---don't worry about us, we'll be here to hear about all the wonderfulness when you come back. Do take lots of pictures of everything and the new friends you make while there.

Ditto, what another poster said about watching only happy movies for awhile, I would go one step further and say you need to watch stupid, funny movies. Laughter is what's needed here. Katt Williams, Dave Chappelle, and those stupid Eddie Murphy (The Klumps) are my "go to" items when I need to tickle the funnybone. Find yours, and laugh more!

In the meantime have a blast in New York!  Big Hugs!

Shasie said...

I love your eye makeup in this post! Girl I know what you mean, except I'm not separated, just ended a relationship, and I miss the cuddling, and actually cuddling part. Cute blazer



Shasie 
Live Life in
Style

Jolene said...

Sorry your marriage is going the way it is :(, I hope you at least have some friends and family to help you through.

As for the outfit, I love it! So simple and casual, I love that we curvy girls have great jeans to wear now that look good on our curves. I went a while without wearing jeans at all and then the ones I would find were just not flattering at all but I just needed them for their practicality.

I hope you had a great time in NY, looking forward to seeing you blog about it, guessing you were either too busy to blog while there or you couldn't get a connection :)

http://accordingtojolene.blogspot.com/

Related Posts with Thumbnails