Saturday, June 11, 2011

DOTD: Kermit Chic

So exactly a week ago, I wore this dress. During the summer months I live in maxis and just dresses in general. I love how they are so easy to throw on in a pinch. But they are so classy and easy to dress up… they are a staple in my closet. So even though I wore this dress a week ago. I couldn’t resist putting it on again this week to dress up differently.

Not to mention… I haven’t felt well so this was literally the easiest oufit in the universe to put on. Not to mention I’ve had “beauty issues” while I was sick. I felt like I was “ugly” and unworthy of being loved. So this also was why I needed to put on makeup today. I needed something to make me feel a little “pretty”. I know that is not the happy thought… but it’s where I was in my head this week. Anyhoo… This outfit did the trick. I felt amazing today. Not because I was all fancy… but because I felt like myself… like the diva that this blog is about… Can’t get any better than that!!

So how is your weekend going? Are you doing anything special? Will you be at full figure fashion week later this week? What do you think of this particular revamp?

Outfit Breakdown:
Striped Maxi Dress: Pure Energy
Green Tank: Wal-mart
White Thong Sandals: Impo (Off Broadway Shoes)
Earrings: Blessed Treasures
Flower: Beauty Supply

IMG_0045IMG_0037IMG_0021IMG_0050IMG_0060IMG_0067IMG_0068IMG_0070IMG_0092IMG_0098IMG_0102
This picture is because I wanted you to see my hair… CURLS!!!

IMG_0106IMG_0105

6 comments:

yaqueen14 said...

I have this dress too!  Thanks for the inspiration of the tank underneath - I've been trying to figure out how to make the dress a little more modest.  Your face looks so lovely and  serene in that last picture on the bottom - I hope that you wll feel that way inside soon.

Nekiah said...

I love this dress! It is super cute! Loving you in that green underneath and your eyeshadow is bomb! What I did this weekend....Friday after I got off of work I went with my hubby to see the Tyler Perry movie "Big Happy Family". What for it to come out on video. It wasn't that great! Today I took my daughter to see the new Judy Moody movie. It was cute but we both agreed that Ramona and Beezus was better. Tomorrow is church and we generally lounge around on Sunday. I am glad you got the motivation to get up and get cute..that always makes us feel better! Kiah

Just Daisy said...

looking gorgeous in that black, white, and hint of green!

xoxo,
daisy

http://imjustdaisy.blogspot.com

Shasie said...

Girl I so agree! Maxis are my go-to in the summer also! I only have 4, so I need to invest in some more because I've be remixing the 4 I have ...A lot! I see you also love flower hair pieces like me! If you do you may want to check out and support Flowers From Fatima on Etsy. She does great work, and I have bought many floral hair pieces from hair, and she is custom making the ones for my sister's wedding!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/FlowersFromFatima



Shasie 
Live Life in
Style

Citypoodle said...

I liked your post - not the part about feeling ill and bad about yourself - that's no good at all!  Rather how you felt good, not because you were fancy, but because you felt like yourself. 
I also like the tank under the dress a lot - I have tanks with built-in bras that I wear the same way when I don't feel like donning a strapless bra for a summer dress.  And dresses are my #1 favorite thing for warm weather.
I wanted to go to FFF week, but have to travel to the west coast.  Maybe next year, I can do better advance planning.  Hope you have a great time there.

Carl Papa said...

http://www.hot995.com/pages/hottys/index.html

Related Posts with Thumbnails