Tuesday, June 28, 2011

DOTD: Needing More Pure Energy

Today’s title has a double meaning. I wish I could afford more Pure Energy maxi dresses… but I also need more pure energy for my body… I am exhausted and can’t seem to reset my body. I think a doctor’s visit may be in order.

Today’s outfit I really liked and wanted to share it with you… but my camera died after taking one picture, and then I had to ask the (ex)hubby to take pictures after my camera charged. As we are on such great terms… he and I actually had a fight during these photos. He tires me… he was once the person who pushed me to blog and to chase my dreams… now he tells me that it’s stupid and that I should get tired of seeing my own face so much. It actually hurts… it makes me feel vain and conceited and it’s not why I blog. What do you do when the person who causes you to follow your dream suddenly tells you that your dream is ridiculous? I really don’t want this blog to always be about me. I would love to do more Diva Spotlight posts. But getting people to want to participate is hard. Maybe I don’t promote it enough… but I’m terribly forgetful and easily distracted by shiny things. I don’t know where to go from here. Will I stop blogging… no. But I think maybe I will stop the OOTD posts for a while. Because I have more to offer the world than vanity. So I open it up YOU, to my readers, what would you like to see on my blog? Where would you like me to take you on this plus size empowerment journey?

Outfit Breakdown:
Dress: Pure Energy
Vest: Sizes to Fit 
Shoes: Limelight (Rack Room Shoes)
Bangles: Ashley Stewart 
Butterfly pin: Burlington Coat Factory
Earrings: Dots

IMG_0009IMG_0001IMG_0014IMG_0043IMG_0026IMG_0034

8 comments:

Myloverswife said...

I personally enjoy the DOTD. The posts provide fashion inspiration and have opened me up to new retailers.

Keep doing what you're doing...it's working.

PCFashionista said...

Please do  not stop the ootd post!  Do what you want to do. Do what makes you happy. Do not let anyone stop you from doing what you want.

Dovekisses said...

I look foward to your posts.  They are inspirational, empowering and informative.  Not vain.  If it makes you happy, continue to post!

Leslie said...

don't let him bring you down. It sounds like he was looking for something to start a fight over, and this was the easiest thing.

Kurvykouture said...

no ma'am.COM!! you should definately blog and post what you want! this is YOUR blog, YOUR expessions, YOUR freedom. Don't let someone build you up just to bring you back down! Be Encouraged Diva! I love all of your OOTD posts BTW!!

Dreek

http://www.kurvykouture.blogpsot.com

yaqueen14 said...

Do what you  need to do, but I love the OOTD posts.  I think I'm liking the Pure Energy maxis too, but I was wondering about the fit.  I bought the striped one that you have and ended up cutting it off because the lower half just didn't fall right.  Is this the red strapless one?  It looks great on you.

QueenDiva said...

I think you're right. I think that had I not let him get to me... it would have blown over.

QueenDiva said...

This is the "fuschia/redish" color one... I think because I'm all boob and 5'8 that is why the dress falls that way. I bought the size 3 beause the size 2 was so tight in the chest area... I  couldn't breath.

Related Posts with Thumbnails