Wednesday, June 22, 2011

DOTD: Some Kind of Weak

The title is real. I am weak and feel like poo… but somehow… still ended up getting tons of compliments. I have a condition that causes my body to overheat and I can’t be in the sun for long periods of time. I don’t mention it because I know my body and try to limit the time I spend in the sun. But today, even though I was in the sun for a short time, that combined with “my lady visitor” I was done. I feel like I’ve been stepped on with steel toe boots with spikes on the bottom.

Anyway… I didn’t think my outfit was all that… but that had more to do with my weakness than anything. I had to go to my bank to get a new card because my previous card was used fraudulently  without my permission. While I was with my banker she said she liked my look… but that I looked tired. I told her I didn’t feel well. She said I should head home and go straight to bed. Which I would have done… only I want to keep this blog going for those of you who are loyal readers. So here is my outfit for today. Does you body have limitations and you sometimes push it over the limit? What do you do in order to re-energize yourself? Where would you rate this look in comparison to one of your favorite outfits I’ve worn?

IMG_0001IMG_0010IMG_0003IMG_0009

What I’m Wearing Today:
Dress: Curve Appeal Consignment
Necklace: Vibrant Artwear
Sandals: Payless
Earrings: Beauty Supply
Flower: Dots

3 comments:

PCFashionista said...

As someone who is on the 3rd stage of Hell (or what it feels like) my body and mind are so tired and worn out.  I finally broke the other day and i had to leave work.  I went home and just chilled out at my grandparents house (i couldnt go home because of plumbing issues at home) and didnt touch my phone or computer and relaxed or attempted too. Then a 7 year old and i watched Generall Hospital. it was the best day i had in awhile. 

Sometimes we just have to take a step back and relax. Mentally im so clear right now, but physically im still a bit tired but now i know what steps i need to take to make myself feel as close to 100% as possible. Just relax. It will all be ok
and pray on it

Jolene said...

awww, I'm sorry you're feeling so crappy. Do you sweat? I ask because I too have serious issues with the heat and it's because I don't sweat. The closest I get to sweating is maybe a little moisture under the boob, and that's when everyone around me is dripping with sweat. Since I don't sweat my body reacts to heat instead by getting dizzy, nauseous, other issues I won't discuss LOL and just overall feeling like turd. It sucks because when it's nice enough that everyone else wants to go out and do stuff I suffer if I try to participate....and nobody understands what I go through when I just have to say no I need to be home in front of a fan. I've been like this since I was a kid, get heat exhaustion a lot. So I totally feel for you, and I know when AF is visiting it definitely makes the problem worse.

You did look great though, can definitely see the exhaustion in your face...hope you're getting some rest! Blogging will always be there when you're feeling better.

Jolene
http://accordingtojolene.blogspot.com

City Poodle said...

Actually I like this outfit a lot - it is simple and whispers "casual workplace".  Then again, I often gravitate towards minimalistic looks.  I am certainly not implying that I want to see you in classic clothing all the time.  I enjoy your blog because you like to reflect your personality and essence with your clothing and have fun while doing it.

Usually when I am down, it is due to lack of sleep.  I wish I was one of those people who could get by on 5 hours, but I do my best with 9.  So rest is usually best for me.

Related Posts with Thumbnails